TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with all policy documents and are to be read as a group of documents and not separately as an individual document.
Access to the Health.co.za Website is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Upon accessing the Website or engaging with any aspect thereof and/or not necessarily registering thereon you will be deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions that apply to its use, the information contained on the Website and to the facilities and services provided by it. Accordingly, please take the time to read through these terms and conditions before continuing to use the Website.
These terms and conditions are binding and enforceable against all website users, including individuals, corporate consumers, corporate providers and or any businesses who access this website or any part thereof in order view, browse, obtain information or interact with any person or communities or groups, (including any information and/or photographs therein) on the website.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and it is the users’ obligation to check if changes have been made. Your use of the Website after changes are posted on-line shall constitute acceptance of the changes in and to the terms and conditions.
Health.co.za may amend these terms and conditions from time to time without notification to the website user. By accessing the website, the website user will be bound by the terms of the latest version of these terms and conditions, as published on this website from time to time.
Should any term of these terms and conditions be held to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such terms and conditions shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of South Africa and any breach of these terms and conditions entitles Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd to take appropriate legal action against the website user.
Should you do not agree to these terms and conditions please exit the Website immediately.
- This Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
- The contents of this website are for informational purposes only.
- The Content herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider regarding any medical condition.
- The website strives to provide accurate information which is provided by third parties which may include specialists, however the material provided is not the opinion or view of Health.co.za
- Access and use of the Website
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on the Website without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to you. We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- The use of this website is entirely at the website user’s own risk and the website user assumes full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from the use of this website.
- Health.co.za accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, suffered by any website user arising out of or in connection with the website user’s access to, or use of the Website.
- Minors and Children
- Health.co.za are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The content of the Health.co.za website may contain certain information and/or content not intended for young children. A parent or guardian is responsible for providing supervision of the minor’s use of the Health.co.za website. Should a parent or guardian wish to register, then the assumption is that such use of the website is being conducted under supervision. The parent or guardian also assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided for the minor.
- Content and User Submissions
- You agree that you will only use, reproduce and print material comprising the results of searches conducted on the Website for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- The website user undertakes not to use the website for any unlawful purposes, including the sending of viruses or any other files that may disrupt or corrupt the use of the website. Health.co.za may in its sole discretion (i) suspend or remove any website user’s access where such website user has utilised the website unlawfully and (ii) remove any advertisement (including any information and/or photographs therein) from the website which is unlawful. This website may contain images or links to third party websites, with information or material produced by other parties. Health.co.za does not control these linked sites and is not responsible for the content, any updates, links or changes to these linked sites.
- Users acknowledge that Health.co.za may establish general practices and limits concerning use of its website, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded content is retained by the website, the maximum number of emails that can be sent or received by a registered user, the maximum disk space allotted on servers for a registered user, and the maximum duration for which a registered user may have access to the website in a given period of time.
- Health.co.za has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages or comments or postings and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by Health.co.za website servers. Health.co.za has the right to log off registered users that are inactive for an extended period of time. Health.co.za reserves the right to change these general practices at any time with or without notice.
- Apart from bona-fide search engine operators and use of the search facility provided on the Health.co.za website by Users, no person may use or attempt to use any technology or applications (including web crawlers or web spiders) or through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means, including but not limited to the use of robots or other automated query tools and/or computer generated search requests to search or copy content from the Health.co.za website for any purposes, without the prior written consent of Health.co.za.
- All licenses and/or permissions granted are provided on a non-exclusive and non-transferable basis and may be terminated or cancelled by Health.co.za at any time without giving reasons therefore.
- The Site contains functionality that allows users to upload content to the Site. You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the Public Areas or Social Media Platforms that infringe or violate any rights of any party. By submitting communications or content to the Public Areas or Social Media Platforms, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
- If you make any such submission you agree that you will not send any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to Health.co.za by email, you agree such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
- If you make any submission to a Public Area or a Social Media Platform or if you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to Health.co.za, you automatically grant-or warrant that such content or intellectual property has expressly granted Health.co.za, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create, modify, publish, and or edit, and distribute as it sees fit.
User Uploads and Submissions — Image, Video, Audio Files
- By uploading any media, you warrant that you have permission from all persons appearing in your media for you to make this contribution and grant rights described herein.
- It is prohibited to upload media of any kind that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with the Health.co.za Terms and conditions.
- Health.co.za reserves the right to review and confirm all media and to remove any media for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion
- Prohibited Uses
- The User shall not, and shall not authorise or encourage any third party to:
- Edit, modify, filter, truncate or change the order of the information contained on Health.co.za Website:
- Engage in any action or practice that reflects poorly on Health.co.za or otherwise disparages or devalues Health.co.za reputation or goodwill.
- Use or extract any information on the website for marketing purposes without the prior written approval of Health.co.za
- The User acknowledges that any attempted participation or violation of the foregoing is a material breach of this agreement and that Health.co.za may pursue any and all applicable legal and equitable remedies against the User including an immediate termination of this agreement and the pursuit of all available civil and or criminal remedies.
- Website Content and Liability thereof
- The Website content and information may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. We exclude all liability for any illegality and/or any loss or damage incurred arising from such inaccuracies and typographical errors.
- The content of and information appearing on the Website may be altered, amended or updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We will not be held to any previously existing representations, terms, conditions or other information subsequently altered on the Website. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information and content on the Website up to date nor do we accept any liability for any failure to do so.
- The information appearing on the Website is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should not rely on any such information or content to make (or refrain from making) any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action.
- Through the Website, we present advertorial content and information submitted and created by Health.co.za clients as well as other third parties. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy in such content and/or information.
- Health.co.za give no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, expressed or implied.
- Contractual issues and Obligations
- We will not be bound to any allegations, contract or legally binding arrangement between the user and Health.co.za arising from communications addressed to Health.co.za on the Website. We reserve the right to insist upon written contracts as and when we deem appropriate within our discretion. As such, any information contained on the website cannot be regarded by the user as an offer capable of acceptance resulting in a legally binding contract.
- All advertisements (including any information and/or photographs therein) provided on this website is provided “as is” and without any representation, warranty or guarantee whatsoever, whether express or implied, including with regard to any implied warranties of accuracy, completeness, quality, functionality, currency, copyright compliance, legality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement with respect to the advertisement (including any the information and/or photographs therein) of the website.
- Health.co.za absolves itself from any and all costs, damages and other losses caused to any website user, as a consequence of any failure on behalf of Health.co.za to fulfill any of its obligations in terms hereof or as a consequence of any errors or omissions in any advertisement and further, Health.co.za is hereby indemnified against any such loss, damage and or inconvenience occasioned to the website user in this regard.
- Users are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorised person shall have access to your Health.co.za passwords or accounts. It is the responsibility of the users to control the name and passwords issued as well as authorize, monitor, and control access.
- Should you believe your account or password has been compromised or should you need to deactivate a password then send Health.co.za an email detailing your request. Use the “Contact Us” links located at the bottom of every page of our site.
- Health.co.za does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit. Likewise, Health.co.za does not assume any responsibility for misuse of information transmitted or received using Health.co.za tools or services.
- The information and material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, our employees, agents, representatives, contractors and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever incurred by you in connection with, our failure to fulfill any of our obligations in terms hereof or any websites linked to the Website and any material posted on it.
We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the access to and use of the Website, whether they are statutory or otherwise, as far as is possible by law.
- Routine maintenance and servicing of our servers and equipment from time to time may result in scheduled shut downs however we seek to keep disruption to a minimum and cannot guarantee that the Website will be continuously available on-line. We therefore provide the Website on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- The Website user must ensure that any advertisement (including any information and/or photographs therein) placed on the website is honest and legal and does not breach any third party intellectual property rights and indemnifies and holds Health.co.za harmless from any and all costs, damages and other losses, arising from, or in connection with, the publication of any advertisement (including any the information and/or photographs therein) on the website.
- Health.co.za accepts no liability and responsibility for any inaccuracies, errors, omissions and/or misinterpretations occurring in any advertisement (including any information and photographs therein) on the website, and the website user absolves Health.co.za.
- Health.co.za does not warrant that the website shall operate uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or that the server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
- The use of the Health.co.za website and the Content is at the users own risk.
- Health.co.za, its licensors and or suppliers / third parties disclaim any and or all warranties either expressed or implied by law. Health.co.za and its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of Health.co.za.
- Health.co.za are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by the users use or misuse of the Site, Content. Health.co.za accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, suffered by any website user arising out of or in connection with the website user’s access to, or use of the Website.
- Health.co.za give no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, expressed or implied.
- The User agrees to, indemnify, and hold Health.co.za, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands.
- Intellectual Property and Trade Marks
- All intellectual property including trademarks, names and logos, whether registered or not, embodied in the Website content, are the proprietary marks of Health.co.za. Marks identifying third parties are owned or licensed by those third parties or their associated companies. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way confers on you any license or right under any trade marks, names or logos.
- All rights, including copyright, in the content of the Website and or photographs or any other content displayed on the Website from time to time and all rights in our database, are owned and/or controlled by Health.co.za. Any intellectual property embodied in the information provided by an advertiser and utilised on the Website is hereby assigned to Health.co.za.
- The content of this website is the copyright of Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd “Health.co.za” and all trade mark, domain names, design rights, database rights and other intellectual property rights therein shall remain vested in Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd. (or the applicable third-party licencors) and is protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
- All materials posted on this website are protected by the copyright laws.
- Title to the materials remains with Health.co.za or its licensors. Any use of the materials not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion.
- If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the materials automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the materials.
- Advisory / Infringement notification
- Should you believe any materials on the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of such materials. We would require the copy of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed.
- Required by Health.co.za would be: Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location (URL or any other information that will allow us to locate the material as well as your name, address, contact number and e-mail address.
- Website Links
- Health.co.za inclusion in the Website of hypertext links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material contained on the websites or of the owners.
- Should any third party wish to establish a link to this website, by way of hyperlink, frame, or by similar reference, either electronically or otherwise, such third party must obtain the prior written consent of Health.co.za. Based on its sole discretion, Health.co.za may withhold or grant such consent subject to such conditions as may be specified by Health.co.za.
- Registration details
- To gain access to certain services on the Website the user will need to register. As part of the registration process, the user may be given a username and password. The user agrees that the information supplied with user’s registration and submission will be truthful, accurate and complete.
- The user will furthermore indemnify the website and hold Health.co.za, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands.
- Health.co.za reserves the right to institute criminal proceedings against the user should the user attempt to maliciously utilise the Website by gaining unauthorised access to any page on the Website or by delivering or attempting to deliver any unauthorised or harmful code to the Website.
- Legal Costs
- Health.co.za shall not be liable for costs incurred by Users to obtain professional advice relating to these terms and conditions.
- Should Health.co.za take any legal steps against the User as result of breach of contract, the User shall be liable for payment of the legal costs of such legal steps on an attorney and own client scale.
- Disclosures Required by Section 43 of the EFC ACT.
Access to the services and content available from Health.co.za website is classified as “electronic transactions” in terms of the ECT Act and therefore Users have the rights detailed in Chapter 7 of the ECT Act and Health.co.za has the duty to disclose the following information:
The full name and legal status of the website owner: Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd
Reg. No. 2016/517604/07
Street address and address for service of legal documents:
533 Kyalami Estate, Kyalami, Midrand, Gauteng, 1684, South Africa
The website address of Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd is:
- Health.co.za reserves the right to assign or subcontract any or all of its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to a third party.
- You may not without our prior written consent, assign or dispose of any rights or obligations arising under these terms and conditions. We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending the terms and conditions. As a user we encourage you to view this page from time to time and take notice of any changes, as they are binding on the user. Provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website. Should any of the provisions of the terms and conditions be held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the enforce-ability of any of any of the other provisions mentioned within the terms and conditions.
- Health.co.za will use reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information which may be shared by the website user with Health.co.za via the website, and undertakes not to share such information with any third party except to the extent necessary to respond to any request for information from the user or where involvement of third parties is required to address such inquiry or request or under circumstances where Health.co.za is legally compelled to do so or upon the website user’s written consent. However, Health.co.za does not warrant or guarantee that any information provided via email and/or this website shall be secure.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa will apply in respect of any legal issue or litigation arising directly or indirectly from the terms and conditions; the use or inability to use the Website and or information contained on the Website.