This Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability must be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions and that all policy documents are to be read as a group of documents and not separately as individual documents.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The disclaimer set out below applies to this website, all other websites owned, operated or sponsored by Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd, unless such other website specifically provides otherwise, and to any electronic communication including any attachments thereto (collectively Electronic Communications) emanating from Health.co.za.
NOTICE TO USERS: THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE AGAINST ALL PERSONS THAT ACCESS THE HEALTH.CO.ZA WEBSITE OR ANY PART THEREOF IN TERMS OF SECTION 11 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT 25 OF 2002 (“ECT Act”).
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, as set our hereunder, please exit The health.co.za website immediately.
For the purposes of this disclaimer, any reference to ” health.co.za” shall be interpreted to be a reference to Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd, and includes all its subsidiaries, associated companies, and their internal divisions and employees.
The disclaimer may change from time to time and without notice. The terms displayed at the time that you use the website will govern your use of the website. In accessing any Electronic Communications, whether it be by way of visiting this website or opening any electronic communication from health.co.za, the person so doing accepts the following:
- Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd (including its Directors, employees, contributors, consultants, network operators, partners, affiliates and agents) shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature incurred by whomever.
- Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd website is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled to meet the User’s individual requirements. Neither is any information given as or meant to be medical advice and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with the user’s individual medical needs.
- It is the responsibility of the User to satisfy himself or herself, prior to entering into this agreement with Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd, that the content and services available from and through Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd website meet the User’s individual requirements and is compatible with the User’s computer hardware and/or software.
- Whilst health.co.za has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all information contained in Electronic Communications is current and accurate, it cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information nor that it is up to date. Use of Electronic Communications is entirely at the users own risk.
- Although health.co.za has taken all reasonable steps to guard against viruses or destructive codes, it gives no warranty that Electronic Communications are free of viruses or any other data or code that has the ability to corrupt or affect your system.
- Electronic Communications may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. It is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and to others who have the authority to receive it. Unintended recipients of Electronic Communications may not under any circumstances disclose, copy, distribute or take action that relies on the content of the information contained therein.
- Where the contents of Electronic Communications expressly state the author thereof, any views expressed in the contents shall be construed to be, unless otherwise stated, the views of the author and not those of health.co.za or any of its management or directors. Electronic Communications will only be legal, valid and enforceable on health.co.za if an authorised health.co.za employee or the head of the respective division has confirmed or consented thereto in writing and such document is authorised by a person elected by Health.co.za who hold such authority.
- Health.co.za may, in good faith, provided links that would appear useful to recipients of Electronic Communications, but does not make any representation regarding such links and does not endorse the products and/or services that may be offered thereon. Links are provided for convenience only and may be discontinued at any time. Health.co.za accepts no responsibility for the content or use of information contained in the said links.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd websites should not be regarded as professional advice.
- Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to the information, ideas or opinions expressed on Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd websites.
- Health.co.za disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to, warranties of compatibility, security and accuracy, and Health.co.za will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, delict (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise that relate to the use of Electronic Communications. You agree to indemnify and hold health.co.za harmless and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers from and against all losses and expenses (including attorney-and own client costs), resulting from any failure to adhere to this disclaimer.
- Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd does not make any warranties or representation that content and services available from Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd websites will in all cases be true, correct and complete, current or free from any errors.
- Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure the quality and accuracy of content available on the Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd websites.
- Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd does not make any warranties or representations that Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd websites will be available at all times.
- Users acknowledge that Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd websites may be unavailable due to updates or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Healthcoza (Pty) Ltd, including, but not limited to virus infection, power failure or other “acts of God.
- Unless otherwise noted, Electronic Communications are subject to intellectual property rights that vest in health.co.za. Use of the content in web pages, electronic or written publications or any other media and/or words, phrases, names, designs or logos that are health.co.za intellectual property are expressly prohibited, without the express written permission of health.co.za.
- All information contained in Electronic Communications pertaining to products and services on or accessed through the website are for your personal and non -commercial use only and their terms and conditions, are subject to change without notice.
- Electronic Communications are governed by all applicable South African legislation, including in particular (and without limiting the generality of the foregoing) sections 11 to 20 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002. All legislation shall be deemed to include any amendments thereto or re-enactments thereof.
Additional content disclaimer
Health.co.za. Is a health based website.(“the website”)
All content found on the Website, including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. Authors and creators of any content are credited and clearly identified. Offerings for continuing education are also clearly identified and the appropriate target audience is identified. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. It is the reader’s responsibility to verify their own facts.
The views and opinions expressed in this website are those of the creators and/or authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). Tthese views are always subject to change, revision, and rethinking at any time. Please do not hold us to them in perpetuity.
Comments on this website are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writers will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any defamation or litigation that result from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment. Therefore, feel free to challenge us and disagree with us in the comments section – but we reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, etc).
The website and its authors can not to be held responsible for misuse, reuse, recycled and cited and/or uncited copies of content within the website by others.